blepharitis & Dry Eye
Do you suffer from one or more of the following symptoms?
- Persistent irritation or burning sensation
- Itchiness around the eye, dryness
- Sensation of “grit” in the eye
- Scales on eyelashes
- Redness and swelling of the eyelid margins
- Crusting of the eyelids, especially in the morning and sticky eyelids
- “Red rimmed” eyes, redness of the eye and tearing
- Eyelid cysts/styes
If you do, it is possible that you may be suffering from blepharitis, dry eye or other related condition. This is an inflammation of the margins of the eyelids. It usually affects both eyes and is caused by a chronic build up of scales at the base of the eyelashes and lash glands.
It may also be due to a combination of one or more of the following:
- A disorder of the meibomian (oil) glands at the edge of the eyelid
- A build up of crusts around the eyelashes
- The action of the body’s own bacteria on this debris
- Skin disorders such as dandruff from the scalp, eczema
- Allergic (hay fever) or contact dermatitis
For professional advice regarding the treatment and management of this condition, book an appointment with us today at the link below!